Saturday, April 07, 2007

A sleepy village


We had some friends around for a meal the other night. It was really lovely. We were telling them how lovely it was to live in a small village were not much happens. They commented on the picturesque location with the duck pond and the sleepy feel to it all when something weird happened!
The police, the armed plain clothes police, an ambulance and two fire engines roared down our avenue.
I can safely say it was an ironic situation and our village became a hive of activity. Neighbours who never normally venture out of their homes were on the street looking to see what was happening.
The whole thing only lasted 5 minutes but I don't think I have ever seen all the services turn up at a place at once like that. It was like a film scence...perhaps it was!
I still don't know what went on, it has been mentioned it may be a local who drinks a lot and gets quite lonely and telephones the police but I couldn't imagine what he said to get the armed police there.
I shall have to go around to the shop to find out what really went on
:[)

No comments: